Bosnia and Herzegovina, Concession agreement for Trebinje 2 solar power plant signed

, SEE Energy News

The Minister of Energy and Mining of the Republic of Srpska (RS) Petar Djokic and General Director of state-owned power utility ERS Luka Petrovic have signed a concession agreement for the construction and operation of solar power plant Trebinje 2.

Minister Djokic said that the solar power plant will have installed capacity of 53.6 MW, with estimated annual electricity generation of 85.5 GW. Estimated cost of the project is around 43.5 million euros. The concession is awarded for a period of 50 years.

In late 2020, RS Government and ERS have signed a concession agreement for the construction solar power plant Trebinje 1 near the city of Trebinje. The total estimated value of the investment for the realization of projects in the concession period is around 50 million euros. The installed capacity of the plant is 72.92 MW and the estimated annual electricity production is 108.7 GWh. According to initial estimates, solar power plant should start commercial operation in 2022. The concession is awarded for a period of 50 years from the date of the signing of the concession agreement, and the solar plant will be built within 24 months from the date the agreement comes into effect.

Earlier this year, it was announced that Hungarian company LUGOS Renewables will hold a 70 % equity stake in the future solar power plant Trebinje 1, while ERS will hold the remaining 30 %.