Bosnia and Herzegovina: Electricity production in FBiH in October

, SEE Energy News

In October 2020 in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH) gross electricity production amounted to 656 GWh, which is by 8.8 % lower compared to October last year, when it amounted to 719 GWh.

Net electricity production amounted to 608 GWh, of which 235 GWh (38.7 %) was produced in hydropower plants, while the remaining 373 GWh (61.3 %) was produced in thermal power plants. In October, electricity imports amounted to 53 GWh, compared to 87 GWh in the same month last year, while electricity exports amounted to 197 GWh, compared to 185 GWh last October. In the same month, production of brown coal amounted to 360,302 tons, which is 9.6 % more compared to 2019 when the production stood at 328,760 tons. Lignite production in October 2020 amounted to 141,708 tons, while in October 2019 it amounted to 201,602 tons, a 29.7 % decrease. Coke production in October 2020 totaled 68,901 tons, which is 3.1 % less than 71,114 tons produced in October 2019.