Bosnia and Herzegovina: Electricity production in March, SEE Energy News
Gross electricity production in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH) in March 2020 amounted to 726 GWh, which is 7.8 % lower compared to March last year, when it amounted to 787 GWh. Net electricity production amounted to 681 GWh, of which 314 GWh (46.1 %) was produced in hydropower plants, while the remaining 367 GWh (53.9 %) was produced in thermal power plants. In March, electricity imports amounted to 68 GWh, compared to 180 GWh in the same month last year (mostly due to reduced consumption caused by the coronavirus pandemic), while electricity exports amounted to 275 GWh, compared to 369 GWh last March. In the same month, production of brown coal amounted to 373,556 tons, which is 9.3 % less compared to 2019 when the production stood at 412,047 tons. Lignite production in March 2020 amounted to 151,114 tons, while in March 2019 it amounted to 194.584 tons, a 22.4 % decrease. Coke production in March 2020 totaled 74,253 tons, which is 13.6 % less than 85,968 tons produced in March 2019.
- September 20, 2021 Serbia, Director of Strategy at EPS said that the company sees the transition to RES as realistic and sustainable
- September 20, 2021 Romania, OMV Petrom has completed the first LNG delivery to Damen Shipyards Mangalia
- September 20, 2021 Romania, EC Oltenia is planning to build eight solar power plants with a combined capacity of 725 MW