Bosnia and Herzegovina: Electricity production lower in April compared to last year, SEE Energy News
Compared to April last year, when electricity production amounted to 716 GWh, Gross electricity production in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH) in April 2020 amounted to 541 GWh, which is 24.4 % lower.
Net electricity production amounted to 497 GWh, of which 119 GWh (23.9 %) was produced in hydropower plants, while the remaining 378 GWh (76.1 %) was produced in thermal power plants. In April, electricity imports amounted to 29 GWh, compared to 196 GWh in the same month last year (mostly due to reduced consumption caused by the coronavirus pandemic), while electricity exports amounted to 261 GWh, compared to 289 GWh last April. In the same month, production of brown coal amounted to 374,058 tons, which is 1.3 % less compared to 2019 when the production stood at 379,011 tons. Lignite production in April 2020 amounted to 176,592 tons, while in April 2019 it amounted to 192.026 tons, an 8 % decrease. Coke production in April 2020 totaled 59,614 tons, which is 27.8 % less than 82,520 tons produced in April 2019.
- November 29, 2022 Romania exports 1,100 MW to Moldova on Tuesday
- November 29, 2022 Slovenia imported a record 1.2 TWh in October due to the shutdown of NPP Krško and TPP Šoštanj
- November 29, 2022 Greece, Stock exchange joins XBID, green power plants take on balance responsibility