Bosnia: BiH produced 14,532 GWh of net electricity in 2016, SEE Energy News
According to the state statistical office, net electricity production in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in 2016 amounted to 14,532 GWh, of which 9,713 GWh or 66.8 % was produced by thermal power plants and the remaining 4,819 GWh or 33.2 % was produced by hydropower plants.
In 2016, BiH imported 2,850 GWh of electricity, while exporting 6,117 GWh at the same time. The consumption in BiH in 2016 reached 11,265 GWh.
In December 2016, net electricity production in BiH stood at 1,543 GWh, which is 0.7 % lower than in November, but 25.8 % more than in December 2015. 458 GWh was produced by hydropower plants, which is 22.1 % lower than in November, but 22.5 % higher than in December 2015. Thermal power plants produced 1,085 GWh of electricity in December, up 27.2 % compared to December 2015 and 12.3 % compared to November 2016.
Electricity imports in December 2016 reached 279 GWh, down 37.7 % compared to December 2015 but higher by 19.7 % compared to November last year. Electricity exports stood at 568 GWh, 18.3 % more than in December 2015 and 21.5 % less than in November 2016.
- September 25, 2021 Slovenia, Slovenian industry has called the Government to take action regarding the rising energy prices
- September 24, 2021 Romania, Danish European Energy enters the Romanian market
- September 24, 2021 Romania, EC urges Romania to fully transpose EU directives on offshore oil and gas safety into its national legislation