EBRD supports EPBiH with 26MEUR for 20MW new HPP construction, SEE Energy News
As part of the 2012-2020 investment plan (the “plan”) for the modernisation of its generation capacity, Elektroprivreda Bosne i Herzegovine (“EPBiH”) intends to use proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“EBRD”) in the amount of up to EUR 35.0 million to finance:
(i) the rehabilitation of Una Hydro Power Plant (EBRD financing up to EUR 9.0 Mln)
(ii) construction of a 20 MW Vranduk Hydro Power Plant (EBRD financing up to EUR 26 Mln)
EPBiH recently adopted the plan to improve the efficiency of its existing generation fleet and significantly reduce the emissions of carbon by 2020. More than EUR 130 million will be invested in hydro projects, including the Una HPP and Vranduk HPP.
The proposed project will require the procurement of the following packages (funded through EBRD loan proceeds in accordance with EBRD’s Procurement Policies and Rules):
Una Hydro Power Plant
· Reconstruction of existing Una HPP
· Construction of 6.4 MW Una-Annex (left side of river Una)
Vranduk Hydro Power Plant
· Construction of 20 MW Vranduk HPP
The procurement process for the above contracts is expected to begin by mid-2013.
- February 7, 2023 Serbia, MK Group and the Alfi Green Energy Fund are investing 155 million euros in the construction of Krivaca wind farm
- February 7, 2023 Serbia, Environmental permit for the last section of Trans-Balkan Corridor requested
- February 7, 2023 Serbia, A total of 311,913.9 MWh of electricity was traded on the day-ahead market on the SEEPEX in January