Montenegro: CEDIS to invest in new substations and modernization of existing ones, SEE Energy News
CEDIS, electricity distribution and system operator company will invest 20 million euros in the construction of new substations and modernization of existing ones between 2020 and 2022, said Zoran Djukanovic, CEO of CEDIS.
Djukanovic said that a total of 6.3 million euros will be invested in the construction of three new substations in Kotor, Tivat and Niksic, as well as in the reconstruction of Klicevo substation in Niksic. In 2020, CEDIS also plans to invest 10 million euros in reconstruction and upgrades of over 300 kilometers of transmission lines, mostly in rural areas.
He added that in 2019 alone, works on project worth more than 15 million euros has started, which completion would benefit over 20,000 customers in rural areas of Montenegro by increasing reliability and security of supply.
Last year, Montenegrin Minister of Economy Dragica Sekulic said that electricity distribution system operator CEDIS plans to invest a total of 80 million euros until 2021 in the country’s electricity distribution network. She said that, according to the three-year investment plan, CEDIS will invest about 80 million euros in the primary and secondary distribution network in Montenegro, of which about 50 million euros in the revitalization and reconstruction of the existing network, and 30 million euros in the construction of new distribution facilities.
- March 1, 2021 Serbia: Big loss at NIS in 2020
- March 1, 2021 Romania: Romgaz make an offer for ExxonMobil’s stake in Neptun Deep
- March 1, 2021 Romania: Moftinu-1008 well test completed