Permits and Licenses Renewable Energy Projects Serbia
ISSUING OF ENERGY PERMITS
Ministry of Mining and Energy is responsible for issuing of energy permits in line with the procedure described in Rulebook for the issuance of energy permit (OJ 23/2006 and 113/2008). Please find detailed information here.
ACQUISITION OF THE STATUS OF PRIVILEGED POWER PRODUCER
Ministry of Mining and Energy is responsible for granting status of privileged power producer according to the Decree on the requirements for obtaining the status of the privileged electric power producer (OJ 72/2009).
The applicant that produce electric energy using renewable energy sources should submit proof that the requirements for acquiring such a status have been met. These include the following:
1) A copy of the license for undertaking activities pertaining to electric power generation, in case the power plant capacity is 1 MW or higher;
2) A copy of the contract with the license holder, in case the power plant capacity is 1 MW or higher, and the producer is not the license holder;
3) A power plant as-built design;
4) A copy of the contract on the connection to distribution network i.e. the transmission system;
5) A usage permit;
6) Information on the person responsible for the operation of the power plant, including name, position, phone number, fax number and e-mail.
APPROVAL FOR THE LOCATIONS THAT ARE NOT CONSIDERED IN THE CADASTRE OF SHPP
According to the Decree on amendments and supplements to the decree on program for the realization of the energy sector development strategy of the republic of serbia until 2015 for the period 2007 -2012 (OJ 99/2009), Ministry of Mining and Energy is responsible for issuing approval for the construction of small hydro power plants if such plant is not considered in the existing Cadastre of small hydro power plants or in case of changes in hydro-geological conditions, already constructed buildings or other significant changes which came about occupying and using the area, render impossible the construction of a SHPP or the expected power falls short of the values anticipated in the cadastre.