Romania: Decreased electricity production in Q1 2020, SEE Energy News
Electricity consumption in Romania in the first quarter of 2020 decreased and it amounted to 14.13 TWh, which is 2.2 % less compared to the same period last year, according to the data published by the National Institute for Statistics (INS).
The data show that industrial electricity consumption reached 10.59 TWh, which is 3.9 % less compared to the same period last year. On the other hand, household electricity consumption amounted to 3.37 TWh, which is a 3.4 % increase. Public lighting consumption fell by 0.5 % amounting to some 166.6 GWh. Total electricity production reached 15.37 TWh in the first quarter of 2020, which is 3.9 % less than in the same time last year. Production in thermal power plants decreased by 12.4 % and reached 6.2 TWh. Production in hydropower plants decreased by 1.1 % to 3.43 TWh, while electricity production in nuclear power plant Cernavoda increased by 3.6 % to 3.08 TWh. Production of wind power rose by 9 % compared to January-March 2019 period, reaching 2.31 TWh. Solar power production decreased by 2.7 % to 331.7 GWh. Electricity exports in the first three months of 2020 amounted to 1.62 TWh, which is by 87.5 % higher compared to the same period last year. At the same time electricity imports also increased by 87.5 % and amounted to 2.11 TWh. Total production of primary energy resources in January-March 2020 amounted to 4,933 million tons of oil equivalent, which is 4.3 % less than in the same period in 2019. Coal production reached 772.1 million tons of oil equivalent (- 20.3 %), oil production reached 829.6 million tons of oil equivalent (+ 0.1 %), while production of natural gas reached 2,051.9 million tons of oil equivalent (- 3 %).
- September 22, 2021 Serbia, PowerChina wants to invest in RES projects in Serbia
- September 22, 2021 Serbia, Country has launched its first green bond issue in the amount of 1 billion euros
- September 22, 2021 Romania, Transelectrica has decreased the profit forecast for this year