Romania: FIEKR and Calik Enerji signed EPC contract, SEE Energy News
In order to make the turnkey construction of a cogeneration plant on the Petromidia platform, the Kazakh-Romanian Energy Investment Fund (FIEKR) has signed the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) contract with Turkish Calik Enerji.
FIEKR is 80 % owned by KMG International while the Romanian state holds the remaining 20 % through SAPE. The fund’s total investment in the new power plant amounts to 148 million dollars, and it should be commissioned in the first half of 2023. The construction will start by the end of this year, with land preparation and engineering works scheduled in the first phase.
The Turkish contractor was selected out of nine international companies that expressed interest in this project.
The new combined heat and power (CHP) plant will use natural gas as the main fuel and will have two high-efficiency, high-performance Siemens turbines and two heat recovery boilers in the technical configuration. They will generate about 80 MW of electricity, of which about 60-70 MW will be used to fully cover the Petromidia platform’s electricity needs, up to 180 tons/hour of technological steam, and up to 20 MW of hot water for Navodari’s district heating system. The surplus electricity generated by the new plant will be sold on the domestic market.
- May 5, 2021 Serbia: Reduction of SO2 emissions at TPP Kostolac B
- May 5, 2021 Romania: Romgaz’ dividend payout approved
- May 5, 2021 Romania: Transelectrica’s dividend proposal rejected