Romania, Government has approved two state aid schemes targeting projects in cogeneration

, SEE Energy News

The Romanian Government has approved two state aid schemes targeting projects in cogeneration, as well as biomass, biogas and geothermal energy projects.

The estimated budget of the state aid scheme to support investments that capitalize on renewable energy sources and energy efficiency, thus stimulating the use of less exploited sources, namely biomass, biogas, geothermal is 21 million euros, and the scheme of state aid to support investments in high-efficiency cogeneration amounts to 61 million euros, bringing the total to 82 million euros.

The two state aid schemes are valid until 31 December 2023 and the amounts are allocated from European non-reimbursable funds provided by the European Regional Development Fund in proportion of 85 % and public co-financing funds provided from the state budget which contribute with the remaining 15 %.