Romania, Hidroelectrica have approved the hiring of legal and equity consultants for the listing of the company’s shares on BVB

, SEE Energy News

The shareholders of Romanian electricity producer Hidroelectrica (the state holds 80 % stake, investment fund Fondul Proprietatea holds the remaining 20 %) have approved the hiring of legal and equity consultants for the listing of the company’s shares on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB).

This is in line with the two shareholders’ previous agreement on the listing of the company’s shares, but Fondul Proprietatea has constantly argued recently for the dual listing with the view of maximizing the value of its 20 % stake.

Hidroelectrica already selected STJ Advisors Group as equity consultant and Dentons as legal consultant two years ago.