Romania: Hidroelectrica sold 17.4 GWh of electricity in 2018, SEE Energy News
The largest Romanian electricity producer Hidroelectrica sold a total of 17.4 GWh of electricity in 2018, which is about 4 TWh more compared to the previous year.
Thus, the company achieved sales revenues in the amount of 780 million euros, some 210 million euros more than in 2017. 85 % of electricity was sold on the competitive markets, while remaining 15 % was sold on balancing, spot and intraday markets.
7.27 TWh of electricity was sold on the OTC market with revenues in the amount of 308 million euros. A total of 6.73 TWh on the bilateral contracts market (5.33 TWh with revenues of 207 million euros on PCCB-LE and 1.4 TWh with revenues of 59 million euros on PCCB-NC), 0.785 TWh of the universal services market (PCSU) with revenues of 38.5 million euros, 1.46 TWh on the balancing market (109 million euros), 1.22 TWh of the spot market (57 million euros) and 0.742 TWh on the intraday market (39 million euros).
Hidroelectrica recorded a net profit in the amount of some 330 million euros in 2018, which is 13.9 % higher compared to the previous year. The company’s turnover increased by 30.7 % and reached around 900 million euros in 2018, main reason for this being the increased amount (23 %) of electricity sold in 2018 compared to 2017.
Romanian state holds 80 % stake in Hidroelectrica, while investment fund Fondul Proprietatea owns the remaining 20 % stake.
- December 7, 2021 Region, Some of the EU’s aspiring countries fail to comply with air pollution standards from their coal power plants
- December 6, 2021 Serbia, Protests over law on expropriation and Rio Tinto project
- December 6, 2021 Slovenia, Czech Republic has signed an agreement to statistically transfer renewable energy surplus in the amount of 465 GWh