Serbia, Montenegro: Procedure of the construction of Reservoir ‘s HPPs Brodarevo 1&2 restarted, NGOs warn on cross border impacts, News Serbia Energy
Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection of Serbia initiated the procedure for issuing permits to Canadian company REV (Renewable Energy Ventures Ltd.) to construct hydropower facilities Brodarevo 1 and 2 again after two and a half years. Last time the Administrative Court of Serbia annulled the decision of the Ministry of Energy, development and environmental Protection of Serbia issued on 23 May 2013, which gave approval for the study of the impact assessment of the project construction, while the project leader was also this company.
– Ministry informed the public through its website about the restart of the procedure, and it also scheduled the public hearing for March 4, 2016 in the premises of the Municipal Administration of Prijepolje. Yesterday we informed the municipality of Bijelo Polje, the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism of Montenegro and the Agency for Environmental Protection and requested a response if they are aware and informed by Serbia that the procedure for issuing permits for the construction of hydropower facilities near the border with Montenegro is re-initated and what are they planning to do – the NGO Euromost states.
– The Convention on the assessment of the environmental impact in a transboundary context ESPOO obliges States parties to individually or jointly take all legal, administrative or other measures arising from the Convention, with respect to proposed activities that may cause significant transboundary impacts, defining the procedures for assessing the impact of on the environment and enable public participation and preparation of documentation on the assessment of the environmental impact – said at the end of the statement by Euromost.
Otherwise, in Montenegro Bijelo Polje is closest to the hydroelectric power plant that is to be built, transmits Serbia-energy.eu
- March 5, 2021 Green kilowatts prices in Serbia may be higher than market prices for EPS
- March 3, 2021 SEE region: Record hydropower production
- March 3, 2021 Serbia: February electricity trade on SEEPEX