Serbia: Opening of wind parks in Malibunar by the end of 2017 – Belgium Elicio soon to start wind power plant construction in Alibunar, News Serbia Energy
Minister of Energy and Mining Aleksandar Antic met with director of the Belgian company Elicio, Nicolas Bruynooghe, with whom he discussed wind parks development and construction, Malibunar Alibunar.
Antic outlined that the Ministry of Energy and Mining is dedicated to improving legal framework so that started projects would be finally implemented.
– I am pleased to hear that the projects Malibunar and Alibunar and developed in line with the planned schedule, which indicates that investors in the Republic of Serbia recognize Serbia as a reliable partner. The fact that major international financial institutions such as IFC are ready to fund worthy projects in the field of renewable energy in Serbia shows we have become a safe country for investment – Minister of Energy and Mining Aleksandar Antic said.
As the Ministry announced, director of Elicio informed the minister that domestic companies in Serbia started building a wind park Malibunar (8 MW), as well as that operations start is expected by the end of the year.
– Soon we are starting to build a wind park Alibunar of 42 MW, which will be financed in collaboration with IFC – Bruynooghe added.
Head of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) for the Western Balkans Thomas Lubeck, stressed out the importance of good cooperation for the projects implementation.
-I am pleased to see things are going smoothly and that there is support – Thomas Lubeck said and expressed readiness of the financial corporations to continue to participate in energy sector development in Serbia.
- November 30, 2022 Montenegro, It would be useful for energy EPCG to find the best solution in defining the purchase price of electricity
- November 30, 2022 Serbia, Oil company NIS between sanctions, geopolitics and the envy of regional competition
- November 30, 2022 Slovenia, TPP Sostanj will be reconnected to the electricity network in early December