Serbia: Rehabilitation of the Unit B1 in TPP Kostolac, Alstom Poland works within time framework, News Serbia Energy
Turbo generator components are being delivered, i.e. two new generator stations from Polish company Alstom. There is no time for rest, we need to make stricter quality inspections of the performed works and to speed up submission of attest-technical documentation.
The rehabilitation works for the Unit B1 in the TPP Kostolac B, performed by Chinese partners with their subcontractors are being conducted according to the agreed schedule. We learned more about the current activities on the site from the director of TPP Kostolac B, Mr. Dragan Živić.
– At the moment the assembly of the boiler heating surfaces is in progress, and the works on the economizer, evaporator, preheater 2 and superheater 2 are nearly completed, says Mr Živić. – At the firing plant, the activities are being carried out on dosing feeders, stackers and fans. The electric filter areas which are kept according project are under preparation. The old parts of the electric filter are being prepared for anticorrosive coating of all equipment. The new base plate and the new plant, i.e. electric plant of electric filter are being constructed. In order to keep up the assembly pace, the representatives of the Chinese company „CMEC“ were told to be stricter with their subcontractors, and the submission of the quality control of the performed works has to be observed more carefully. Also, the submitting of attest-technical documentation must be accelerated.
The implementation rate of the works on turbo generator plant is about 37%. The delivery of turbo generator components, i.e. two new generator stations from the Polish ”Alstom“ has already started. All other activities in the machine hall are performed according to plan of the employees of the thermal power plant „Kostolac B“ and the local companies which were given the job through the open procedures of public procurements.
The equipment and spare parts made in China are being delivered according to the agreed rate. In Pančevo Port, about 11 thousand tons of equipment, i.e. 90 percent of equipment and materials has arrived, says Director of TPP ”Kostolac B“. The equipment and material are to be transported to the thermal power plant by trucks; 185 trucks are planned for that equipment and material transport, and 60 trucks were delivered by 11th June. The Chinese partners have not delivered the RB steam pipeline yet, as well as some cables, which are planned to be transported on 25th June, when the delivery starts from China.
The public procurements for some works of larger scale have been already finished, i.e. mills for coal dust preparation, as well as plants for nitrogen oxide reduction. The contracts have been signed, and these days we are going to organize a mutual meeting at which all contractors will participate – Chinese companies, ”Siemens“, ”Feromont“. The public procurements final phase which will govern all works in the subfilter part and the part of the plant for the ash and slag transport. It is another bigger enterprise within this overhaul, and we expect to realize this public procurement in the following twenty days, says Mr. Živić. The parts of turbine – moving blades, which are repaired in “Alstom” are nearly finished and prepared for transport to Kostolac.
The generator rotor is in the other factory „Alstom“ in Groclaw. The fault diagnosis has been done, the works which should be done and are not envisaged by the contract are noted. Therefore, the company ”TE – KO Kostolac“ should now make the decision on further activities, which could be conducted without the influence on deadline extensions and Unit start postponing.
– About 450 workers are present at the construction site, mostly Chinese, and about a hundred of them are the citizens of Serbia working for Chinese companies ”CMEC“, ”Dalian“ or ”Djansui“. Several local specialized companies for performing of works and services were engaged by the Chinese companies. These are ”Feromont“, ”Izoprogres“, ”Termika“, ”Termo oprema“ and several construction companies, said Mr. Živić.
”CMEC“ has also signed a contract with the German company ”Term Servis” which performs the preparation for acid washing and boiler soot blowing. In the machine hall, there are, apart from employees of TPP “Kostolac” and “Prim”, also workers from “Feromont” and “Alstom”.
– The overhaul of the common plants will start in July, the activities on boiler heating components assembly are continuing, the overhaul of mills and their equipment is starting – demounting and mounting of the firing plant parts within the equipment for nitrogen oxide reduction. We expect the Chinese partners to finish their necessary preparations on electric filter, so that, after the technical documentation submitting, the construction of large foundations for the future electric filter can begin. All other preparations and equipment acceptance from Poland and China are to follow.
The Thermal Power Plant „Kostolac B“ is currently a big construction site. At the location which is planned for construction of Block B3 there is a mounting site. The equipment assembly is performed there, in order to be lifted on the boiler plant afterwards. The majority of Chinese workers are on the erection site, where the works are performed 24 hours continuously, as Mr. Dragan Živić pointed out.
- March 5, 2021 Green kilowatts prices in Serbia may be higher than market prices for EPS
- March 3, 2021 SEE region: Record hydropower production
- March 3, 2021 Serbia: February electricity trade on SEEPEX