Serbia: TPP TENT Morava 20MEUR major overhaul to include new ECP, News Serbia Energy
The beginning of capital overhaul, which will extend the lifetime of TPP „Morava“ by the next ten years, is planned for 1st June and it should last for six months. The investment of as much as 20 million euros has been announced.
This month, the Thermal Power Plant “Morava” celebrates four and a half decades since its founding, but already now, the forthcoming capital overhaul is also being planned in full gear. During the overhaul, this electricity producer will get electro-filters, according to all EU standards regarding environmental protection.
Although so far, the purification system of this power plant has been improved during every overhaul, it is still not at the satisfactory level because – after every interruption and restart – the coal dust from the chimney settles on the surrounding planted fields, and on parts of Svilajnac or Crkvenac, depending on the wind “rose“…
– The beginning of capital overhaul, which will extend the lifetime of „Morava“ by the next ten years, is planned for 1st June and it should last for six months. In addition to environmental protection, the firebox and the medium pressure turbines will be replaced, as well as the middle bearing block and the starting steam station, and we are also preparing for the capital overhaul of the generator, with the replacement of the hydrogen sealing… All this will cost 20 million euros – says director Marija Stevanović.
With 600.000 tons of consumed coal and 489.467 megawatts of produced electricity, last year, the TPP “Morava” fulfilled the annual production plan and achieved a profit of 420 million dinars…
– In 2012, this power plant had a deficit of 438 million, and I was faced with the planned loss for the following year amounting to 330 million. However, we finished the year 2013 with a profit of 60 million, which is a trend we multiplied during 2014 – Marija Stevanović concludes.
- April 21, 2021 EPS’ investments for guaranteed energy independence of Serbia
- April 21, 2021 Slovenia: Electricity production of NPP Krsko in March
- April 21, 2021 Serbia: Export revenues of EPS reached 74 million euros