Bosnia and Herzegovina: Electricity production in September, SEE Energy News
In September 2020 in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH), gross electricity production amounted to 641 GWh, which is 2.2 % higher compared to September last year, when it amounted to 627 GWh.
Net electricity production amounted to 592 GWh, of which 166 GWh (28 %) was produced in hydropower plants, while the remaining 426 GWh (72 %) was produced in thermal power plants. In September, electricity imports amounted to 24 GWh, compared to 18 GWh in the same month last year, while electricity exports amounted to 189 GWh, compared to 259 GWh last September. In the same month, production of brown coal amounted to 337,306 tons, which is 4.7 % more compared to 2019 when the production stood at 322,096 tons. Lignite production in September 2020 amounted to 137,758 tons, while in September 2019 it amounted to 256,530 tons, a 46.3 % decrease. Coke production in September 2020 totaled 64,674 tons, which is 8.2 % less than 70,417 tons produced in September 2019.
- October 22, 2021 Bulgarian companies will receive compensation of €55/MWh due to the high cost of electricity
- October 22, 2021 Slovenia, Petrol announced last week that it will increase the price of electricity as of 1 December
- October 22, 2021 Serbia, Government has officially started talks over the sale of petrochemical complex HIP Petrohemija to NIS