Bulgaria: NEK to publish tenders for HPPs rehabilitation

6. February 2017. / SEE Energy News

The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development announced that Bulgarian National Electricity Company (NEK) is planning to publish tenders for the rehabilitation of its hydropower system, which will be partly financed with grants from the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund (KIDSF), which is administered by the EBRD.

The total worth of the project for the rehabilitation of NEK’s hydropower plants is estimated to 37 million euros, of which 70 % will be covered by KIDSF, while the remaining 30 % will be provided by NEK.

The project envisages the rehabilitation of two pumped storage hydropower plants – Chaira and Belmeken, rehabilitation of HPP Sestrimo and HPP Momina Klisura, as well as reconstruction of 110 kV switchyard at HPP Vacha-1 and systems of integrated control at other HPPs.

The tenders are expected to be published in the second quarter of 2017.

Download as PDF :

Download PDF