Greece: Offshore wind partnership in plan for Mytilineos and Danish CIP

, SEE Energy News

In order to develop new offshore wind projects in Greece, Greek Mytilineos Group has joined forces with Danish-based Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP). Mytilineos Group, through its subsidiary Protergia, will own a 60 % stake in the planned projects, while CIP’s investment fund CI New Markets Fund I will hold the remaining 40 %. The two companies have agreed to jointly identify suitable locations and combine their resources and expertise in the co-development and investment in the projects. Copenhagen Offshore Partners (COP), which has been used by CIP in a range of its offshore wind projects, will be the developer of all Greek projects to be undertaken under this partnership.