Montenegro, Ministry for Capital Investments to propose the abolition of RES support scheme, SEE Energy News
Montenegrin Minister for Capital Investments Mladen Bojanic said that the Ministry will propose to the Government to abolish subsidies for the production of electricity from renewable energy sources as soon as possible.
He said that the Government has adopted the Ministry’s report, which confirms that the share of electricity produced from renewable energy sources in final consumption in Montenegro was 39.75 % in 2018 and 38.69 % in 2019, which is above the adopted national target.
At the end of 2020, there were 28 small hydropower plants, two wind farms and five solar power plants up to 1 MW output, which have the status of eligible RES producer. These producers were paid 19.42 million euros in subsidies last year, according to data from the Montenegrin electricity market operator (COTEE). From May 2014, when the support scheme was introduced, to the end of 2020, they were paid a total of 52.25 million euros.
- September 27, 2021 Slovenia, Unit 6 of TPP Sostanj offline during the weekend
- September 27, 2021 Romania, 90 % of the 4 million consumers fall within the consumption ceiling of 1,200 cubic meters per year
- September 27, 2021 Romania, High electricity prices will remain in Romania in the next 4 to 5 years