Region: Daily market coupling process, SEE Energy News
The market coupling process and especially, the calculation process, has become more complex as the number of coupled countries and consequently the number of parties and systems involved in the Single Day-Ahead Coupling (SDAC) has increased enormously.
To secure that there is sufficient time for running the daily market coupling process, the National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) have approved the joint proposal of Nominated Electricity Market Operators (NEMOs) and Transmission System Operators (TSOs) to increase the maximum duration of the algorithm calculation from 12 to 17 minutes and to change the corresponding deadlines enabling NEMOs and TSOs to find a solution for avoiding decoupling.
For market parties this will result in the following changes in the daily operational timings:
– Preliminary Results publication time: 12:45 CET (instead of 12:42 CET).
– Partial-Decoupling due to missing order books deadline: 12:45 CET (instead of 12:40 CET). Reopening of order books for coupled and decoupled areas after a Partial-Decoupling is announced will be extended from 10 to 15 minutes.
– Full-Decoupling deadline: 14:00 CET (instead of 13:50 CET)
– Publication of Shadow Allocation Results: no later than 14:00 CET (instead no later than 13:50 CET). This deadline is only relevant where Shadow Auctions are the Fallback solution in place.
The implementation of the new operational timings will take place on 17 June for the delivery day 18 June 2021 together with the Interim Coupling Project go-live, the latter being subject to confirmation of technical and legal readiness by all parties.
- January 24, 2022 Slovenia, NPP Krsko produced 515,426.7 MWh of net electricity in December 2021
- January 24, 2022 Serbia, EBRD and EnC have urged Serbia not to delay implementation and not to amend the Law on the Use of RES
- January 24, 2022 Serbia, State will secure sufficient quantities of energy and energy sources for households and the economy