Romania, Electricity transmission system Transelectrica purchased 177.5 million euros worth of electricity from OPCOM, SEE Energy News
Romanian electricity transmission system operator Transelectrica said that it has purchased electricity worth 177.5 million euros from energy exchange OPCOM, which will be used to cover own technical consumption.
The statement from the company said that it has purchased 1.625 million MWh of electricity at the price of 91.8 euros/MWh for the delivery between 1 January 2023 and 31 March 2025. The purchase price is regulated and not the result of contract negotiations.
According to the Government’s Emergency Ordinance adopted in November, energy producers must sell electricity at 91.8 euros/MWh to OPCOM, which will then resell it at the same price to energy suppliers that have end-consumers in their client portfolio.
Transelectrica is a majority shareholder in OPCOM, owning 97.84 % of its shares, while the Romanian state holds the remaining 2.16 % stake.
- January 30, 2023 Greece, The share of RES in the energy mix in 2022 reached 41.6%, with 19.7 TWh produced
- January 30, 2023 North Macedonia, ESM buys gas for February from Bulgaria’s Balkan Utilities at a price of EUR 98.71 per MWh
- January 30, 2023 Bulgaria, The expansion of the Chiren warehouse begins