Romania: Reconstruction of HPP Bradisor planned, SEE Energy News
HPP Bradisor is currently operating below full capacity (at 40-50 MW) due to risks imposed by the wear of its equipment. The refurbishment of the turbines and adjacent transformer station should be completed within 36 months.
Romanian electricity producer Hidroelectrica is planning to propose to its shareholders the project for the reconstruction of 115 MW HPP Bradisor with expected cost of some 35 million euros.
Hidroelectrica is the largest electricity producer in Romania with 6,444 MW of installed capacity in 204 hydropower plants. Its largest shareholder is the Romanian state with 80 % stake, while the remaining 20 % is held by private investment fund Fondul Proprietatea.
- February 7, 2023 Serbia, MK Group and the Alfi Green Energy Fund are investing 155 million euros in the construction of Krivaca wind farm
- February 7, 2023 Serbia, Environmental permit for the last section of Trans-Balkan Corridor requested
- February 7, 2023 Serbia, A total of 311,913.9 MWh of electricity was traded on the day-ahead market on the SEEPEX in January