Serbia mining:Copper company Bor recorded successful production balance in August, Mining
For 26 days smelters produced 2.600 tons of anodes and electrolyzers 2.555 cathodes tons. Preparations for mini- overhaul of smelter aggregates and safe work in winter conditions. – We controlled now water release from Electrolysis and with accurate data.
V. Janošević: It is planned the concrete bathrooms to be completely thrown out from Electrolysis and to be replaced by those of the FRP material that proved to be much better and more efficient
For 26 days in August the Smelter received a total of 16,800 tons of wet copper concentrate from basin mines, with 2,400 tons of “red” metals. Given that average daily “input” of 646 tons of raw materials that the miners deliver, as said Vladimir Janosevic, Deputy Director of TIR, for the production and development, if this continues in the last five days of August, it is expected that for the entire month will reach about 20,030 tons. Smelters produced 2,600 tons of anode copper, and Janosevic is sure that the August balance will exceed 3,000 tons, as was the case in previous months.
– The preparations for the mini-overhaul of smelter which would be carried out in late September or early October are underway. We will adjust to the situation, which means that we “follow” the aggregate state and, if we assess that it can withstand, it is also possible not to do overhaul. However, we prepare as it will be done because we have to do it before a new smelter completion in June of the next year. Therefore, it should be done small overhaul (“tightening” on the flaming furnace and reactor), in order to prepare for safe work in winter conditions. During the overhaul, which will be very short, it will be done only most essential interventions in order not to endanger the planned production – states Janosevic.
Electrolysis gave 2,555 tons of cathode copper, and it is expected to record the planned 3,200 tons by the end of the month. All waste water from this plant were treated by electrowinning (decoppering process) from 23 January, so in this way 25 tons of “red” metals were obtained from the beginning of the year and returned to the smelter on reprocessing. This, according to Janosevic assessment, gave good results for now, because all wastewater were treated firstly (“pull” of copper from solution). Those that are released, however, also are measured with electronic flow meters, so the water release from Electrolysis now is controlled and with accurate data. Jewelers ended the third this year’s campaign for precious metals production, and prepare materials for another year’s end.
– In the FRP workshop it was selected program of electrolytic baths for electrolysis. One is already in operation for few months and shows excellent results. The plan is, in cooperation with this factory, to completely throw concrete bathrooms with imported polypropylene and replace them with those of FRP materials which showed significantly better and more efficient. We consider it by good move that will contribute to greater efficiency – says our source, adding that the normative material consummation is in all metallurgical facilities on or below the planned limits.
During this month the sulfuric acid plant had delays due to technical problems, so it produced 1,015 tons of monohydrate. Now its work is stable (400 tons per day), and by the end of August, it is expected around 3,000 tons. Battery acid is produced according to customers demand (350 tons since the beginning of the year).
Copper wire factory marked a balance of 672 tons of dipforming wire. In the Metal Processing it was produced about a ton of different armatures. The water meter housings are manufactured for which is still current problem of placement. It is a domestic product that is adopted here and for which they have certificate, but it struggle to break through to the customers. The copper and copper alloys foundry gave 20 tons of brass for the foreign buyer needs, and it is planned that the new campaign (100-200 tons) starts in early September because the secondary materials were secured for this amount. – Brass production only depends on the collected secondary that is very difficult for purchases considering his free export- says Janosevic.
The TIR transport successfully “carried out” the work in other facilities by its services in railway and road transportation. In power plants began to operate the turbine number two, which produced until now 461,023 megawatt-hours of electricity. Overhaul of boilers number five and six is coming to an end, while the largest, “the seven”, is ready for work.
Source; Serbia Energy Mining desk/RTB
- March 20, 2023 Kodar Energomontaza awarded EPC contract for upgrade of Belgrade high voltage supply network
- March 20, 2023 Hungary, A slight increase in the spot price on CEEGEX to 46 euros per MWh
- March 20, 2023 SEE Region, Increase in wind power production by 75 percent, to 2.24 TWh in the 10th week