Serbia: TPP Nikola Tesla TENT, Good operation of all power gen units, max electricity output, report, News Serbia Energy
Thermal Power Plants Nikola Tesla company and its TPP NT А surpassed the maximum output of 1.061billion kWh recorded in 1985 in December with the output of 1.085 billion kWh in January this year – The production plan for 2014 for even 20.272 billion kWh. According to the Plan for 2014, the employees in PE TPP NT have the obligation to deliver to the electric power system 20.272 billion KWh of electricity. This plan is extremely high, but it is surely achievable according to the availability of the thermal capacities installed in PE TPP NT, and if there are conditions for the operation on the nominally loads of the blocks. TENT TPPs produces more than 50% of Serbian electricity.
From the beginning of the year, until the end of January, the Company “Thermal Power Plants Nikola Tesla” has delivered 2,031,397,000 kWh of electricity to the electric power system. That is of course significant result, although the 99.92 % of the production plan was fulfilled. Supressed energy that amounted 33,856,000 kWh should be added to it. If so, the plan would be implemented with additional 1.59 %.
According to the Plan for 2014, the employees in PE TPP NT have the obligation to deliver to the electric power system 20.272 billion KWh of electricity. This plan is extremely high, but it is surely achievable according to the availability of the thermal capacities installed in PE TPP NT, and if there are conditions for the operation on the nominally loads of the blocks.
PE TPP NT delivered to the power system of Serbia more than 20.064 billion tons kWh of electricity last year, that represents minimum (0.24 %) under planned. It is now obvious that the production plan of 20.114 billion kWh for the last year was oversized in comparison to the real needs of the electric power system of Serbia.
The director for production of PE TPP NT, Ljubiša Mihailović points out that these parameters show the good operation of the production capacities during the last year, that was, according to his words, specific and distinctive for extremely high Power Units switching off. According to this, amount of unproduced electricity is 2.695.597 МWh.
– If we take this in the account, PE TPP NT will achieve production surplus of 13.16 % (above planned)- explains Mr. Mihailović, that points out that participation of TPP NT in the total production of EPS is 52.04%, and the participation in the TPPs production in the system is 75.3%.
– What is particularly important not only for TPP NT but also for EPS is the fact that during the last year, four Power Units of TPP NT A (3, 4, 5 and 6) have operated in the secondary frequency control mode. In that way, Mr. Mihailović points out; maximum usage of hydro potential is enabled. This means that, according to him, the production of cheaper electricity i.e. significant financial benefit for PE “Electric Power Industry of Serbia”.
Despite the unfavorable conditions for the operation of production capacities during the last year, PE TPP NT achieved significant results. On a daily basis, on January 9th, 2013, the highest production (in comparison to all the years from the very beginning of the operation of TPP NT) of 37 million and 340,000 KWh of electricity was achieved. Two days before the end of January, the Power Unit B1 on TPP NT B in operation with both lines of high pressure heaters, records the highest daily production of all times, that amounts 15,140 MWh.
The two new records on monthly basis were recorded. TPP NT A with the production of over 1.085 billion kWh in December achieved production surplus in comparison to the maximum production of 1.061 billion KWh recorded in January 1985.
Power Unit B1 on TPP NT B achieved also great result. With the production of 449 million KWh it “disqualified” the record from January 2008 of 440 million kWh. TPP “Morava” in Svilajnac recorded production surplus last year. Rail transport has completely followed the process of thermal capacities of PE TPP NT. For TPP NT A, TPP NT B and TPP “Kolubara”, it transported more than 28.685 million tons of coal, that is 0.18% more than planned.
Source; Serbia Energy
- January 17, 2022 Slovenia, Government announced that it has adopted a national strategy for phasing-out coal from electricity generation by 2033
- January 17, 2022 Romania, Electricity consumption in the first eleven months of 2021 amounted to 50.82 TWh
- January 17, 2022 Romania, Government urges General Prosecutor to investigate high energy prices in the market