Bosnia and Herzegovina: Production of electricity in July, SEE Energy News
In July 2020, gross electricity production in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH) amounted to 633 GWh, which is 14.8 % lower compared to July last year, when it amounted to 743 GWh.
Net electricity production amounted to 583 GWh, of which 142 GWh (24.3 %) was produced in hydro power plants, while the remaining 441 GWh (75.7 %) was produced in thermal power plants. In July, electricity imports amounted to 53 GWh, compared to 203 GWh in the same month last year, while electricity exports amounted to 63 GWh, compared to 242 GWh last July. In the same month, production of brown coal amounted to 334,647 tons, which is 6.2 % less compared to 2019 when the production stood at 356,832 tons. Lignite production in July 2020 amounted to 147,781 tons, while in July 2019 it amounted to 203.717 tons, a 27.5 % decrease. Coke production in July 2020 totaled 64,136 tons, which is 14.6 % less than 75,143 tons produced in July 2019.
- January 17, 2022 Slovenia, Government announced that it has adopted a national strategy for phasing-out coal from electricity generation by 2033
- January 17, 2022 Romania, Electricity consumption in the first eleven months of 2021 amounted to 50.82 TWh
- January 17, 2022 Romania, Government urges General Prosecutor to investigate high energy prices in the market