Bosnia: Bidders from China and Turkey dominantly interested in HPP Vranduk, SEE Energy News
The interest in the construction of HPP “Vranduk” ,hydropower energy facility of great priority for Electro Power Industry of BiH, attracted 12 bidding companies and consortia from Italy, Turkey, Spain, Romania, Austria, Croatia, China, Slovenia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The opening procedure of applications submitted to the International Public Invitation for pre-qualification of companies and consortia for the construction of HPP “Vranduk” took place on April 29th, 2014 in PE Electro Power Industry of BiH. Documents for pre-qualification were purchased by 56 companies.
In the preparations for start of construction, EPI of BiH along with the procedure of the International Public Invitation for pre-qualification, with funding from its own resources, performs preliminary research activities on the site of HPP and conducts the second phase of the expropriation of property.
Applications for international public invitation for pre-qualification are submitted by:
1. Cooperativa Muratori & Cementisti – C.M.C. DI RAVENNA – Italy
2. Garanti Koza Inşaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. -Turkey
3. Kolin Insaat Turizm Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. – Turkey
4. Consortium – RIKO D.O.O. – Slovenia and EURO ASFALT D.O.O SARAJEVO – BiH, Lead Partner RIKO D.O.O.
5. S.C. HIDROCONSTRUCTIA S.A. – Romania
6. JV STRABAG AG / Končar inžinjering za energetiku i transport (Koncar Engineering for Energy and Transport), Lead Partner Strabag AG – Austria and Craotia
7. China International Water & Electric Corp. – China
8. JV of Abeinsa Ingenieria y Construction Industrial S.A., Teyma, Gestion de Contratos de Construccion e Ingenieria S.A. and NTF INSAAT TICARET LIMITED SIRKETI, Lead Partner Abeinsa Ingenieria y Construction Industrial S.A. – Spain and Turkey
9. POWERCHINA LIMITED – China
10. CENGİZ İNŞAAT SANAYİ VE TİCARET A.Ş. – Turkey
11. DONGFENG ELECTRIC CORPORATION LIMITED – China
12. TELLHOW SCI-TECH CO., LTD – China
In the next stage of the procedure, the evaluation of the submitted applications will be conducted. To the companies and consortia which would have met the criteria of the Public Invitation, an invitation for submission of their bids will be send.
The International Public Invitation for pre-qualification of companies and consortia for the construction of HPP “Vranduk” is performing according to the procurement procedures of international financial institutions, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the European Investment Bank, that are lending amount of 63.5 million euros for the construction of this HPP.
Along with the general criteria of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the European Investment Bank, a company must meet the criteria required by the specific project for construction of HPP “Vranduk.” The key criteria are that the company in the last five years, achieved revenues of 40 million euros from operations in construction of hydropower plants capacities with characteristics such as HPP “Vranduk” has, appropriate professional staff and equipment, financial stability and legal credibility.
The HPP “Vranduk” is planned to be a unit of derivational type with more premises which will represent one entity functionally. Total power of the HPP “Vranduk” will be about 20 MW, while the planned annual production would be 96.38 GWh, it was released from the EP EPI BiH.
Source; Serbia Energy See Desk
- April 19, 2021 Serbian EPS earned 74 million euros from electricity exports
- April 19, 2021 Serbia: Hungarian MVM interested in working together and investing in energy sector
- April 19, 2021 Romania: RESInvest program to be launched