Romania, FIEKR will invest 40 million dollars in service centers

, SEE Energy News

The Kazakh-Romanian Energy Investment Fund (FIEKR), established by KazMunayGas International (KMGI) and Romanian Government, said that it will invest 40 million dollars in opening 12 service centers in Romania.

The fund and Rompetrol Downstream, a subsidiary of Rompetrol Rafinare, have already opened the first four centers worth 14 million dollars on a motorway section connecting the western city of Nadlac and the central city of Sibiu.

The four service centers have a total surface area of close to 21,000 square meters and each is equipped with fuel dispensers for cars and trucks, and retail space. Each center employs between 45 and 65 people.

FIEKR was established in 2018 to develop energy projects in Romania. It is 80 % owned by Kazakh KMG International while the Romanian state holds the remaining 20 % through SAPE.

Sign up for updates & special reports

error: Content is protected !!