Serbia: TPP Morava overhaul project 20MEUR to extend operation cycle, AppSerbia
Thermal power plant (TPP) “Morava” from Svilajnac which work within the Public Enterprise “Nikola Tesla” Obrenovac will have capital repairs this year that will extend its life for the next ten years.
The overhaul will begin on June 1st and will it run until November 27th and it “will cost” more than 20 MEUR, told Marija Stevanovic director of “Morava”.
– In addition to standard repair activities in the capital repair also are planned the larger scale operations – said Stevanovic.
– It is planned to replace the furnace boiler membrane, the second stage of SP turbine replacement, intermediate bearing unit and starting steam station RS 1 and RS 2, capital repair of the generator with the seal hydrogen replacement and reconstruction of electrostatic precipitators – specified Stevanovic.
– The “prolongation of the safe and secure operation of TPP “Morava” will be enabled upon completion of these tasks in the next ten years at least – assesses Stevanovic.
The tender for the works is in progress, she added.
Stevanovic said that “Morava” met the production plan last year.
The last capital repair of turbine and other parts was completed in late 2004th, when it moved to the fully computerized unit control and management, and experts and members of the Institute “Mihajlo Pupin” from Belgrade did it.
A year later, thanks to well-done overhaul of “Morava” had a record production of 600 million kilowatt hours of electricity. It was online 7,267 hours.
- April 21, 2021 EPS’ investments for guaranteed energy independence of Serbia
- April 21, 2021 Slovenia: Electricity production of NPP Krsko in March
- April 21, 2021 Serbia: Export revenues of EPS reached 74 million euros