Bosnia and Herzegovina: Production of electricity in FBiH in December, SEE Energy News
In December 2020 gross electricity production in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH) amounted to 942 GWh, which is by 7.6 % lower compared to December last year, when it amounted to 1,019 GWh. Net electricity production amounted to 869 GWh, of which 370 GWh (42.6 %) was produced in hydropower plants, while the remaining 499 GWh (57.4 %) was produced in thermal power plants. In December, electricity imports amounted to 42 GWh, compared to 53 GWh in the same month last year, while electricity exports amounted to 237 GWh, compared to 368 GWh last December.
Net electricity production in FBiH in 2020 amounted to 7,816 GWh, which is by 9.1 % lower compared to 2019, when it amounted to 8,598 GWh. Productionat hydropower plants reached 2,648 GWh in 2020 (- 34.8 %), while thermal power plants produced 5,168 GWh of electricity (+ 13.9 %). In the same month, production of brown coal amounted to 342,575 tons, which is 16.3 % less compared to 2019 when the production stood at 409,398 tons. Lignite production in December 2020 amounted to 141,634 tons, while in December 2019 it amounted to 168,151 tons, a 15.8 % decrease. Coke production in December 2020 totaled 79,895 tons, which is 10.4 % more than 72,363 tons produced in December 2019.
- September 15, 2021 Slovenia, Country to phase-out coal by 2033
- September 15, 2021 Serbia, EBRD to finance the installation of smart electricity meters in Cacak, Nis and Kraljevo
- September 15, 2021 Serbia, Country sets legal framework for green bonds issuance