Romania: New FIEKR’s petrol stations in 2020, SEE Energy News
In order to settle a debt issue with the Romanian Government, the Kazakh-Romanian Energy Investment Fund (FIEKR), established by the KazMunayGaz opened a new petrol station near Bucharest, thus reaching ten newly commissioned petrol stations in 2020. Operated under the Rompetrol brand, the FIEKR retail network currently amounts to 30 stations. The ten new petrol stations are located in Cluj, Ilfov, Prahova, Bucharest, Arges, Valcea and Craiova. FIEKR plans to reach a network of 84 petrol stations in Romania in 2023 by acquiring and modernizing existing stations and building new ones.
In August, FIEKR signed the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) contract for the turnkey construction of a cogeneration plant on the Petromidia platform with Turkish Calik Enerji. The fund’s total investment in the new power plant amounts to 148 million dollars, and it should be commissioned in the first half of 2023. The construction will start by the end of this year, with land preparation and engineering works scheduled in the first phase. The Turkish contractor was selected out of nine international companies that expressed interest in this project. The new combined heat and power (CHP) plant will use natural gas as the main fuel and will have two high-efficiency, high-performance Siemens turbines and two heat recovery boilers in the technical configuration. They will generate about 80 MW of electricity, of which about 60-70 MW will be used to fully cover the Petromidia platform’s electricity needs, up to 180 tons/hour of technological steam, and up to 20 MW of hot water for Navodari’s district heating system. The surplus electricity generated by the new plant will be sold on the domestic market. FIEKR is 80 % owned by KMG International while the Romanian state holds the remaining 20 % through SAPE.
- September 25, 2021 Slovenia, Slovenian industry has called the Government to take action regarding the rising energy prices
- September 24, 2021 Romania, Danish European Energy enters the Romanian market
- September 24, 2021 Romania, EC urges Romania to fully transpose EU directives on offshore oil and gas safety into its national legislation